Tuesday, May 23, 2006

In response to some questions

Q: Why are you calling yourself "Lola." We all know who you are anyway.
A: Hey -- YOU know who I am, but there's no reason every stalker on the internet should be instantly able to find me (it's crazy enough that I have my own website). Hence, a pen name. And since the blog's name is so much like Run Lola Run or "Run, Forrest, Run" I wanted to pick one of those. Lola was more gender-appropriate. My name is still on the blog profile.

**Updated** I bit the bullet and put my real name on here. Bye, Lola, bye.

Q: Why did you double-mail me your fundraising letter?
A: I wanted you to donate twice! Just kidding. I had sent my wonderful, but somewhat overenthusiastic mother the email to read, and because she loves me and wants me to do well, she forwarded it to a bunch of family & friends.

I sent out the official version so that I can easily keep track of who donated and I don't end up re-mailing you yet again. Sorry for the hassle if you got the email twice, but you're my family and friends...you should probably forgive me.

3 comments:

LINC(lost in north carolina) said...

At least keep the faith by telling us you are using a 'famous' flight voucher to get out there.... we would be devestated to learn otherwise...

Anonymous said...

how come there are no questions from me or really any mention of me in this blog? I think I need to be recognized.

Jackie "the sister" Sharfin said...

p.s. I am anonymous...