Thursday, June 08, 2006

.5 miles on the treadmill and 45 minutes on the ellipsis

For those of you who have been wondering "hey Andrea, how have you been keeping up with training with a bum knee?" I have news.

I have been hanging out on the ellipsis and the Stairmaster (I'm good going up stairs, bad going down them) trying to keep up my endurance. I've also been lifting weights to beef up my inner quads so my knee cap will quit tracking outwards.

I have to say, it's been working. So, yesterday, since my knee was feeling a lot better, I tried to work a little treadmill in, too.

Success! A little knee pain, but nothing I can't handle.

I sweated more in that rinky-dink .5 mile on the treadmill than in the entire 45 minutes on the ellipsis. But it felt, better, too :)

I can't wait to really run again. I'm aiming for this coming Tuesday (and a little running on grass this weekend in Canada).

No comments: