Saturday, October 28, 2006

All dressed up and no place to go


Well, darlings, I've completed my marathon as of 10/22.

It was a bunch of fun. I met the coolest people and achieved something I'd been looking forward to for my whole life.

But the question is: now what?

Do I run another marathon? I can't run for another 20 days (I tried, it hurt).

I was invited a while ago to mentor other marathoners, and I'd love to do that in the spring, but meanwhile, I find myself with quite a bit of extra time on my hands in the evenings and on weekends.

I've never been able to handle la dolce far niente for more than a few hours at a time. Any suggestions as to activities are welcome...

1 comment:

Faithful Soles said...

Congratulations on the Nike Women's Marathon. Like you, once I accomplished my marathon goals, I wondered "what next". I now am working with young people to get them involved in walking or running programs. If you visit my blog, just click on any of the links to go to my main web site at Faithful Soles to read about my PR10K (Promote Running to 10,000 Kids) program. I look forward to visiting your blog again to see what your new goals are.