Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm a busy Lizzy

Well, this week started with a bang. Specifically, I blew out my neck dancing Bhangra (it's very athletic, okay?), and was laid-up for most of the weekend, downing painkillers and trying not to move too much.

In the midst of this, I was doing case interview prep, and tackling my first homework assignments of the entire semester. When picking classes last year, I structured my fall semester around recruiting, since I didn't know how time-consuming it would be because I didn't know whether or not I could count on having an offer from the little giant.

At the same time, offers for interviews have been coming in, and those need to be scheduled and managed, my SIP schedule needs to be rearranged around the interviews, the Ops Lab I'm a part of needs attention, I need to start prioritizing research on the trip I'm taking to Kilimanjaro in December, the twenty things I'm volunteering for need to be on the calendar, the parents are visiting, the dog needs to be walked, and I need to keep my sanity while sending out a hundred fiddly little emails and meeting reminders. And don't even get me started on dating.

The important thing is to remain focused: the entire point of an MBA is to land a job...one of the most important ones of your career. And in this economy, you can't work too hard at it.

No comments: