Monday, May 29, 2006

Ladies love the stick

After a semi-disastrous practice yesterday in which The Knee ceased to function and I was sent home by a coach (bummer), I met a really cool girl named Deb who had recently beat her IT-band problems.

She had a couple of recommendations:
  • Acupuncture (check)
  • Foam roller (check)
  • The Stick

What? The Stick? She obligingly whipped it out of her bag: 12 inches of plastic glory.


I gave it a shot, rolling it up and down my leg. Eureka! My knee felt better (for about 15 minutes, but that is good enough for me). I limped over to Paragon Sports and bought my own ASAP.

As I was checking out, the girl at the counter said "This is the best thing ever."

That night, I discussed training with my friend Erik Kaye over blood-orange margaritas, squash-blossom tacos and lobster quesadillas (see Agave for this dinner-of-the-Gods). I told him about the powers of The Stick.

"All the girls I've met love it," I said.
"The Stick?" he said. "I bet they do."

Good taste and a sense of humor. He's single, ladies. The line forms on the right.

No comments: